Yas Waterworld park opening date is announced. Abu Dhabi’s new water park will be officially opened on 24th January, 2013, officials have announced it on Monday 17th December, 2012.
The water park covers the area of 15 hectares, it will be containing total of 43 exciting slides, rides and attractions.
Park’s general manager, Mike Oswald, informed: “All the rides, slides and attractions are installed and the pre-opening testing stage has commenced to ensure that everything is in place in terms of safe and successful park operations”.
He further added to his comments: “A few members of the public will be given access to the park in the coming days as part of Challenge Accepted Competition, and then it will be all aboard for the public opening.”
Park will be a competitor of “Wild Wadi Water park” and “Aqua-venture Water park” which are already providing a healthy entertainment to public.
Yas Waterworld will be featuring the following attractions:
• Dawwama: World’s first and largest hydro-magnetic-powered 6-person tornado water slide with the world’s longest run-in at 238 meters long.
• Bubble’s Barrel: Largest FlowBarrel in the world, it features the world’s biggest surfable sheet wave for flowboards and bodyboards.
• Bandit Bomber: 550-meter interactive coaster and the first in the world to incorporate on-board water and laser special effects.
• Slither’s Slides: Maze of six slides and tunnels, offering 30 distinct experiences.
• Pearl Masters: Treasure-hunt style interactive adventure game. The game allows Pearl Masters to go on quests in search of lost treasures, interact with magical sea creatures, fire water cannons, solve ancient puzzles etc.