Emirates Airline IT Senior Support Engineer
- To restore normal IT service operations within agreed service levels and business priorities and minimize the adverse impact on business operations for Emirates Group and External Clients. To focus on complex incident resolution as well as on resolution for critical applications. To act as technical mentor and trainer for junior staff.
- Ensure that the deployed architecture for infrastructure, servers, PCs and peripherals meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
- To identify recurring problem areas, articulating trends for root cause analysis and providing information to problem management. Ensure that assigned problems are defined and analysis inline with the Problem Management Process. Ensure that solutions to problems meet the architectural standards within the technology area and impact to the business is minimised.
- To be an interface with different technical teams, applications teams and Customer support team and dissipate the solutions required for all incident management and service request for all assigned business areas i.e Hotel, Airport, Galileo etc
- To analyze reported incident and provide solutions to the users enabling them to resume their work with minimum disruption as per agreed SLOs. To complete IT service requests (like new installations, reconfigurations & moves) as per agreed SLO. To work towards resolution of incidents across various technologies & platforms.
- To update the status of an incident or service request in the tool. To make sure that they hold up to date information before acting on any incident or service request to insure that tool and relevant teams are updated. Ensure escalation and other sectional procedures are maintained, proactively informing management of process or procedural improvements.
- To provide quick fixes / workarounds / solutions to be updated in the Known Error database to Problem Management Team. To identify recurring problem areas and to articulate trends for root cause analysis. To liaise with problem management to give a more permanent problem resolution. To proactively identify & highlight issues, to reduce the possibility of system downtime for users.
- To provide required statistics and assistance to Customer Support Services Managers(s) in regular Customer services reviews.
- To implement proactive maintenance on peripheral devices on a recurring schedule to eliminate possible incidents and minimize possible impacts on customers. To review and oversee the maintenance of service, support and documentation standards and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the team maintain and control in auditable manner all transactions relating to receipt, storage, issue, return and re-issue of computer and server equipment. To ensure equipment deployed is auditable and appropriate action is taken when equipment is either lost, damaged or cannot be maintained in a cost effective manner.
- Carry out network infrastructure and solutions and other requested service as per the procedures provided by tech teams including EK group LAN, WAN and VPN Lines.
- Adhere to the audit & finance regulations related with asset management using the company provided processes and systems.
- Maintain the integrity of the configuration items related to the on site end users devices in the configurations management database as per EGIT policy for his responsible area.
- Ensure escalation and other sectional procedures are maintained, proactively informing management of process or procedural improvements.
Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Diploma in engineering, computer science or scientific discipline from a recognized university or college.
- Completed training courses in communications, LAN networking, and customer support aspects from a recognized vendor or training institute
- Specialist technical experience, ideally within IT infrastructure, service and support management, of which at least 2 years must be in a support role.
Industry standard server, operating system, desktop and related network
- Information Technology.Network 5+ Years
- Incident and Problem Management
- User support
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below