Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
- Be the definitive source of knowledge, technique, and expertise in an infrastructure technology domain. Function as the organizational ambassador for the respective knowledge area, and apply the expertise to support an organization’s vision and strategic direction. Understands industry best practices and monitors the market for emerging technologies relevant to their domain of expertise and is responsible for implementation of the technology of the assigned area
- Understands, articulates, and implements best practices related to their domain of expertise. Lead or be an active participant of a work-group with the need for specialized knowledge. Provides guidance on how their domain of expertise can resolve an organizational need, and actively participates in all phases of the technology life cycle.
- Responsible during project assignments for identifying business requirements and recommending a technical approach to meet those needs and generate design specifications for technology development.
- Oversees the development, testing, and implementation of the technical solution, and validates the final product satisfies the defined requirements. Reviews technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals, and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users, and ensures their subject area is accurately represented.
- Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers,engineers, and senior management. The nature of the position involves actively participating and influencing in multiple work-groups at one time, and disseminating infrastructure technology information across all levels of the organization.
- Articulates and communicates information regarding his technology domain effectively to diverse audiences in IT and business. Translation of subject matter terminology into business terms, and recommends alternatives for implementation.
- Performs product demonstrations externally and conducts knowledge sharing sessions on the domain of expertise in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, training sessions, external bodies, and trade shows.
- Responsible to provide information in the field of infrastructure technology specialisation to support and quality assurance functions to assist in improving procedures and the services provided from the specific technology domain.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve complex incidents and problems as 3rd level support in systems and services. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies. Identifies new and emerging technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation, contributes to briefings of staff and management and implementation.
There are Principal Engineer roles available under the following domains:
Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=”Dh3.66.” Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ yrs of directly related work experience in their area of expertise
- Related knowledge and experience in core system configuration and systems testing
- Having worked in a global, highly matrixed IT environment
- Preferably technical leadership and architecture experience
- Understanding of solution technologies such as Messaging / Voice / Networks / Servers / DB / Storage / Web / Middleware / End User / Datacentre Facilities
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Understanding of industry standard project management methods (e.g. PMBOK)
Preferred Additional Qualification
Must have experience working on mission critical and highly complex environments, specifically using the following technologies:
- IBM Storage DS8800 and XIV
- IBM SVC
- Symantec Backup and Recovery
- CCIE Routing and Switching
- Designed and implemented complex network solutions relevant to airline industry.
- 8+ Years experience in providing 3rd level network infrastructure support.
- 8+ Years experience in implementation of solutions using Cisco/Juniper equipment.
- Proficient and hands on experience on the following network technologies/Protocols: MAN/WAN/LAN, Routing & Switching, MPLS, WAN optimisation, Remote Access Technology, VPN, Wireless Network, Network Management tools, Security Technologies (Firewall & IPS
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.
- Apply at: https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/CareersOnlineApps/JOB_VACANCIES/JobDetails.aspx?from=ADV&advno=C1A8733D8E9E79E5